Last updated on February 8, 2023 at 08:39 pm
Compliance communication is a type of internal communication that every business needs. These messages are very important to operations, but not necessarily the most interesting.
How many of you procrastinate completing those online classes on cybersecurity or to complete your annual harassment training? You wouldn’t be alone. Overcoming this challenge only becomes more complex at companies with large distributed workforces.
Communicating with deskless and remote employees is already challenging, especially if your company does not have the right tools and strategies to reach these employee groups. This makes it critically important to have the right communication channels and strategies in place for sharing mandatory and often urgent compliance communication.
What is Compliance Communication?
Compliance communication refers to all the messages shared with employees regarding policies, legal procedural requirements, and the necessary training and certifications that must be followed.
This includes things like employee trainings that must be completed by law, such as OSHA requirements or Sexual Harassment training. But compliance comms would also cover business-specific policies such as their employee handbook and specific IT cybersecurity requirements.
Therefore, the comms would cover:
- What the policies and rules are
- How to comply (including training)
- And follow-ups if compliance is not reached
Why is Communication Important to Compliance Management?
Communicating about compliance is very important to ensure that companies are abiding by the law as well as mitigating risk. By communicating about compliance, you make it easier to get all employees in compliance faster while also getting across why it’s important to follow certain procedures and completing various certifications. This can ultimately save your company money and avoid litigation.
Our Guide Includes:
- A breakdown of the key challenges of reaching both deskless and remote workers.
- How to build a stronger partnership between Human Resources and Internal Comms, including a client case study.
- Details around how a mobile employee app can help you build compliance at your company.
- Client examples of how to use our employee app to build compliance.